Long Creek and Oconee County are full of possibilities- from rafting down the Chattooga River, taking a hike to a waterfall, spending the day on the lake or shopping in a quaint town. Be sure to check out a few of the area attractions listed below and touch base with the vendors listed if you have any questions about their business.
Rafting and Flat Water Kayak Trips
Long Creek is home to the Chattooga River, the premier whitewater destination in the Southeast. These wonderful outfitters can coordinate group or individual rafting or kayak trips on the river or on Lake Tugaloo.
Be one of the first to enjoy the only zipline/canopy tour facility in the area!
- Chattooga Ridge Canopy Tours (866.319.8870)
- Oconee State Park
For a complete listing of waterfalls in Oconee County, please visit South Carolina State Trails website.
For a complete listing of hiking trails in Oconee County, please visit South Carolina State Trails website.
- Lake Jocassee: Located in a pristine mountain environment, the lake is 7,500 acres of deep water and 75 miles of shoreline surrounded by mountains and waterfalls. Devils Fork State Park is located on the lake.
- Lake Keowee: Once home to the Cherokee Nation's Keowee Town, Lake Keowee offers 18,500 acres of water and 300 miles of shoreline, and is popular for fishing, waterskiing, swimming and picnics. Home also to Oconee Nuclear Station and the World of Energy.
- Lake Hartwell: Bordering South Carolina and Georgia with 56,000 acre of water and 962 miles of shoreline dotted with beaches, boat access ramps and campgrounds.
- Jonathan Simmons with Chattooga Whitewater Shop (864.723.4839)
- Kingwood Country Club- Clayton, GA
- The Walker Golf Course at Clemson University- Clemson, SC
- Chickasaw Point- Westminster, SC
- Falcon's Lair - Walhalla, SC (864.638.0000)
- Foxwood Hills - Westminster, SC (864.647.9503)